Tuesday, May 26, 2015

a mission, oh a mission! :) (week 17)

this past week has been filled with many good feelings and lots of moments where i have felt the happiness of serving in the gospel! :)

last tuesday was a very profound and very spiritual, and very HAPPY day for me! it began when me we got to the church building where we have our district meetings, and elder donahoo went to go have a meeting with the other mission leaders, and i had some time before i had my meetings, so me and another elder, elder brown went for a morning "bread run" because every morning the local bakeries have fresh bread. and so we got some, and then when i came back, we had our meetings i understood everything even from the latinos who talk very fast! haha but one of our zone leaders named elder bradford asked a question to all of us missionaries in the zone saying "why and for what did jesus christ die for us?" and this question just hit home for me! because jesus christ died for all of us,. and when we know and recognize that his purpose was to bring about his atonement for us, then we KNOW that he loves and he is our savior! the rest of the day was just wonderful! 

ive been reading alot in the spanish book of mormon, which im getting alot better at understanding day by day, and the other day i was reading in helaman about a nefite people who were visited by angels because of their faithfulness.. and i know that if we pray with faith, we may never see angels around us physically, but we can feel and have a witness of the spirit that there are angels sent to uplift and to help us with our trials. or like the example with the nefites, to minister and teach us, so that we can recieve further light and knowledge! :)

i have had an amazing past transfer here serving with elder donahoo, and its been some of the funnest times of my life! serving with an elder who is soo dedicated and soo excited to serve has only strengthened and helped my testimony grow! i will miss him if he leaves, but transfers are this weekend! and im excited and nervous for the changes coming soon! but i have faith that no matter what, there is a plan and i will always be where the lord needs me, with someone that will help me learn and teach the gospel here in argentina! 

i pray for all of you often and hope that feel my love and prayers! :)
tengan un buen semaƱa! (have a great week!) 

Elder Ty Driggs
Elder Donahoo, Elder Driggs, Elder Blazzard and Elder Bloomfield
I love my dear friend Angel and all the time I spend with him and his sweet sister Mercedes
making empanadas....so yummy!!




Angel is always trying to fatten me up!  haha!
they feed us sooo good! 
it is sooo yummy!
Elder Ocampo sharing a bite with me
Elder Donahoo and Elder Aquino having dessert

Me and Angel are always laughing and having a great time...sure do love him!
found ramen!!!
our neighbor
Me, our dear friend Angel and Elder Donahoo

BEST companion and our white board writings...haha


No comments:

Post a Comment